At MorphoSys, we are motivated by our mission: More life for people with cancer. As a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, we are driven by the urgency to discover, develop, and deliver groundbreaking medicines, aspiring to redefine how cancer is treated.
Our success is created by our people, and we bring together exceptional talent from around the world, offering our colleagues a collaborative, flexible, and diverse work environment. We are looking for individuals who share our values and are motivated to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer.
Since opening our U.S. office in Boston in 2019, we have doubled in size to support our rapid growth, building teams of experts across a variety of different disciplines, from drug development to commercialization.
To learn more, visit us at www.MorphoSys.com, and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn
The Senior Manager of Procurement will be responsible for US purchasing activities in close collaboration with our headquarter in Germany. The job is both a strategic purchasing job with category responsibility and a hands-on role to build and optimize the purchasing process in the US.
- Manage Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process in the US Inc. and ensure compliance with internal policies including required routine tasks in SAP (E.g.: creation of purchase orders, reporting, etc.)
- Trouble-shooting and leading solutions for diverse needs of internal stakeholders in the P2P process
- Pro-actively develop and maintain training materials and train the organization
- Assess current processes & automation state and drive efficiencies
- Ongoing support of contract management and procurement systems
- Lead the Purchasing activities in assigned categories including establishing and maintaining a preferred supplier pool
- Manage finance relationship with vendors during the identification, selection and renewal processes of MSAs / contracts, providing operational and strategic purchasing expertise during the entire RFP process
- Negotiation, Tracking and reporting of achieved savings
- Participate in cross-functional teaming across other business functions and initiatives
- Assist with the development of contracting best practices for continuous improvement
- Maintain good working relationships with employees, managers and senior management in the US and in Germany to improve compliance and promote operational excellence
Health & Safety
- 4+ years of US experience supporting operational and strategic purchasing in a Pharma or Biotech preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- In depth understanding of Purchasing processes including use of ERP systems (SAP by Design knowledge would be a plus, but not required)
- Experienced in outsourcing and managing third party providers, preferably in Professional Services
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience supporting US Commercial, Marketing or Medical Affairs preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work and think independently
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel and Power Point
- Structured and process oriented thinking
- Flexibility and readiness for continuous learning
- Proactive and resourceful, able to use initiative
Culture & Benefits
- Full vaccination against COVID 19 is a requirement for this position.
As a full time employee of MorphoSys US Inc., you will receive a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental, vision, life, disability and more. We offer a competitive PTO and holiday schedule – giving you the time you need to recharge, along with a 401k retirement plan which allows you the opportunity to save for your future with an employer matching program. Our culture is a collaborative work environment and we believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success.
MorphoSys US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment with non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.